WE PUT 16 YEARS INTO YOUR LAST REP
NutraBio® launched the first ever no proprietary
blend, fully dosed preworkout back in 2002. For the last 16 years since,
we've continuously improved this formula with a singular motivation:
your gains. Packed with 27 grams of clinically dosed ingredients, PRE
will push you further than ever before. Feel the difference that honest,
transparent, fully loaded supplements will make in your training.
TRAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISE
NutraBio PRE was formulated with a single goal in mind. To create
the absolutely most effective, thorough, and purest pre-workout in
existence...period. We can say without a doubt this goal has been
accomplished, making PRE the most powerful pre-workout on the market
today. PRE is built upon clinically dosed and scientifically backed
ingredients proven to maximize workout performance and produce results.
Athletes of all levels realize that in order achieve the most effective
training session that energy, strength, endurance, and focus are a must.
A complete pre-workout supplement should support all of these benefits.
The synergistic combination of ingredients found in PRE help prepare
your body physiologically and psychologically by amplifying energy,
enhancing the mind-muscle connection, and supporting increases in
muscular strength, power, and endurance. From top to bottom PRE will
help keep you training stronger and longer. Take a deeper look into PRE
and you will find:
- Clinical doses of 22 research-backed ingredients
- Caffeine anhydrous and Infinergy Di-Caffeine Malate to boost
energy, enhance focus, and provide greater training intensity. All
without a caffeine crash.
- Carnosyn Beta-Alanine to increase endurance and help counteract fatigue caused by hydrogen ion accumulation.
- Pharmapure creatine monohydrate for greater strength, power, and
muscle growth. Creatine MagnaPower for increased solubility and
- L-Leucine to help prevent muscle catabolism and lessen recovery time between sessions.
- Theapure L-Theanine. When combined with caffeine promotes enhanced cognition and attention.
- Huperzine A to promote a strong mind-muscle connection and supercharge mental focus.
- Betaine anhydrous to support creatine production, increase power and strength output, and protect cells from dehydration.
- Agmatine sulfate and Nitrosigine to stimulate nitric oxide pathways leading to greater vasodilation and bigger muscle pumps.
- Electrolyte and hydration optimizer that helps maintain water
balance in the muscle, facilitates motor neuron function, and increase
Since day one NutraBio has never been happy maintaining the status
quo when it comes to pre-workouts. We have always been the innovators;
not the replicators. Although the industry makes it seems like
non-proprietary blends, proper dosing, and scientifically backed
ingredients are something new; the fact is NutraBio pioneered this trend
over 15 years ago starting with our original PRE formula. We focused on
creating the best, and we've done just that with our latest version of
PRE. PRE has everything you need in one comprehensive, open label,
clinically dosed formula and nothing you don't. We pride ourselves on
purity. What you see on the label is exactly what you get. PRE contains
no fillers, excipients, proprietary blends, or other potentially
unhealthy or unneeded additives.
At the end of the day, NutraBio isn't just about marketing hype and
trying to maximize our profit. It's all about giving athletes what they
want to meet their performance needs by giving them access to clean
supplements that are innovative and effective. Like you, we want to
train hard and see the results of our efforts. Compare NutraBio PRE to
any other pre-workout on the market and ask yourself whose formula was
created WITHOUT COMPROMISE. We think you'll find that even the most
"self-proclaimed" strongest formulated pre-workouts pale in comparison
Game over. NutraBio PRE dominates the pre-workout landscape.
Still not convinced NutraBio PRE will take your workout to the next
level? Check out an independent review of PRE from the folks at Price
Also read why PRE made it into PricePlow's 2016 best pre-workout supplement list.
The Science Behind NutraBio PRE
A closer look at the 18 ingredients and doses used to make NutraBio PRE the premier pre-workout on the market.
POWER, STRENGTH & ENDURANCE COMPLEX
- Leucine is one of the essential branched chain amino acids (BCAA).
By itself it can stimulate muscle protein synthesis; the process
responsible for muscle growth and recovery. This is why it is often
referred to as the "main" amino acid.
- Supplementation with at least 2/grams daily leucine has been shown
decrease muscle soreness, lessen recovery time between workouts, and
increase lean muscle mass.
- Howatson et al. (2012) discovered that leucine (combined with
isoleucine and valine) administered before muscle damaging resistance
exercises reduced indices of muscle damage and accelerated recovery in
resistance trained males.
- NutraBio's leucine is derived from fermented vegetables sources as opposed to animal based sources.
BETA ALANINE (AS CARNOSYN)
- Beta-alanine (BA) is a version of the amino acid alanine which
serves as the precursor to carnosine (ß-alanyl-L-histidine) in skeletal
muscle. Supplementing with BA is a highly effective means of increasing
muscle carnosine content. Increased muscle carnosine helps buffer the
negative side effects of hydrogen ion accumulation in muscles as
exercise intensity increases.
- Beta-Alanine supplementation has been linked to improved exercise
performance and delayed fatigue at higher intensities in both trained
and untrained individuals in events lasting 1-4 minutes.
- Increases in lean muscle mass and muscular endurance have also been noted with supplementation.
- A recent meta-analysis confirmed the ergogenic effect of
beta-alanine, showing a 2.85% increase in exercise performance compared
to placebo when dosed at ~2/grams daily.
PHARMAPURE CREATINE MONOHYDRATE & CREATINE MAGNAPOWER
- Creatine is an amino acid (broken down protein) derived compound
produced in the body that serves as the primary fuel source (ATP) for
short duration, high intensity activities such as sprinting and weight
lifting. Creatine is stored primarily in muscle tissue, and it is used
for rephosphorylating ADP into ATP. This means that when our muscles use
up our energy stores, creatine helps to replenish those stores in a
fairly rapid manner. Approximately 2 grams of creatine are found in
individuals that do not supplement and maintain a diet including animal
based proteins. Those who do supplement can increase their body's
internal creatine pool by 10 to 40% depending on diet and total lean
- As a whole creatine is arguably the most extensively researched
and effective supplement available today. Over 500 studies exist of the
ergogenic benefits of creatine supplementation with over 70% of these
studies producing significant improvements in performance without any
detrimental side effects.
- Creatine has been proven to increase lean muscle mass, maximal strength, power, and muscular endurance.
- Creatine may also help keep you hydrated in extreme outdoor conditions
- Emerging research suggest creatine may provide cognitive and overall brain health benefits.
- Creatine MagnaPower is more soluble than creatine monohydrate and
in theory should absorb better; requiring a lower dose to achieve the
same ergogenic benefits as creatine monohydrate.
- The ISSN (International Society of Sports Nutrition) position
stand on creatine monohydrate (CM) found that short-term CM
supplementation has been reported to improve maximal power/strength
(5–15%), work performed during sets of maximal effort muscle
contractions (5–15%), single-effort sprint performance (1–5%), and work
performed during repetitive sprint performance (5–15%). Long-term CM
supplementation appears to enhance the overall quality of training,
leading to 5 to 15% greater gains in strength and performance.
- Betaine, scientifically referred to as Trimethylglycine, is a
metabolite of choline. Betaine's two main functions in the body are as a
methyl donor and osmolyte. As an osmolyte, betaine protects proteins,
cells, and enzymes from heat, dehydration, and other physiological
stresses. As a methyl donor, betaine is used to convert homocysteine to
L-methionine, and is therefore, a precursor to creatine.
- Doses of 2500-6000mg betaine daily may increase muscular strength, endurance, and total training volume.
- Betaine also plays a role in hepatic fat metabolism, promoting
muscle protein synthesis, and has been suggested to increase nitric
- A study conducted by the University of Connecticut found that
individuals supplementing with 1.25 grams of betaine twice/daily
increased bench press power 20%.
DL MALIC ACID
- Malic acid plays a vital role in the Krebs cycle where it helps turn carbs, proteins, and fats into energy.
- If there is an inadequate supply of malic acid in the body the
Krebs cycle cannot function properly which leads to premature fatigue.
NITRIC OXIDE PUMP MATRIX
- L-Citrulline is an amino acid that plays an important role in nitric oxide metabolism and regulation.
- It is converted to L-Arginine in the body to support L-Arginine and nitric oxide levels.
- Increased production of nitric oxide (NO) promotes vascular
dilation which improves oxygen and blood circulation throughout the
- L-Citrulline is also expected to relieve muscle fatigue through ammonia elimination.
- A 2015 study conducted by Bailey et al. found subjects who
supplemented with 6000mg L-Citrulline for 7 days were able to improve
oxygen uptake and performance during high-intensity exercise.
- Agmatine Sulfate is a byproduct of Arginine through
decarboxylation. It produces other byproducts that are involved in cell
growth, structural and metabolic support to the nervous system.
- Decarboxylated arginine cannot be broken down in the liver and
consequently increases blood flow to working muscles through
- Agmatine has also been shown to manipulate pain receptors which may allow you to train past normal pain thresholds.
- PRE uses a vegan source of agmatine that us derived from fermented plants.
INOSITOL ARGININE SILICATE (AS NITROSIGINE)
- Nitrosigine is a bonded complex of arginine and silicon that helps
enhance nitric oxide levels to a greater degree compared to arginine
- Increased nitric oxide levels promote the relaxation of smooth
muscle in blood vessels, increasing blood flow to working muscles.
- In pre-clinical studies nitrosigine was found to be more
biologically active than arginine chloride. The research also showed
enhanced blood flow during and after exercise which may help with muscle
growth and recovery.
FOCUS, DRIVE, & STIMULATION COMPLEX
- Tyrosine is an essential amino acid whose primary role in the body
is as the direct precursor to thyroxine and to the hormones dopamine,
epinephrine, and norepinephrine.
- Tyrosine may improve both endurance and anaerobic performance via metabolic and/or neurotransmitter upregulation.
- Tyrosine also improves mental acuity, focus, and mood by increasing levels of catecholamines found in the bloodstream.
- A study done at the Naval Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory
reported that a dose of L-Tyrosine, when provided to sleep deprived
subjects, ameliorated psychomotor performance declines associated with
CHOLINE BITARTRATE (VitaCholine®)
- Choline Bitartrate is formed when choline is combined with tartaric acid.
- This increases the choline's bioavailability and in turn, makes it more effective.
- When supplemented, choline bitartrate increases levels of
acetylcholine in the body....a neurotransmitter that stimulates muscle
contractions and is required for proper memory, cognition, and motor
- Increasing choline levels can produce a nootropic type effect as well as create longer and stronger muscle contractions.
CAFFEINE ANHYDROUS and INFINERGY DI-CAFFEINE MALATE
- Caffeine, like creatine, it one of the most studied and proven
ergogenic (performance enhancing) aids. Although caffeine can affect a
wide variety of motor and mental functions it is most commonly used to
improve endurance exercise, focus and cognitive performance, and improve
energy levels. Caffeine has also been shown to have a thermogenic
effect (heating/calorie burning) at rest and may increase the use of
fats for fuel during exercise.
- Dicaffeine Malate, as the name implies, is the combination of
caffeine and malic acid. Adding malic acid to caffeine is thought to
calm the digestive effects of caffeine and thought to replenish the
energy produced by caffeine (either through increased fat oxidation or
ATP production). Malic acid may also weaken the feeling of a caffeine
crash and slow tolerance development to caffeine.
- According to the research higher doses of caffeine, in the 250-450mg range, are needed to provide an ergogenic benefit.
- The ISSN position stand on caffeine concluded:
- Caffeine can act to enhance alertness and vigilance during times of exhaustive exercise that requires sustained focus.
- Caffeine is an effective ergogenic aid for sustained maximal
endurance activity, and has also been shown to be very effective for
enhancing time trial performance.
- Caffeine can enhance, not inhibit, glycogen resynthesis during the recovery phase of exercise.
- Caffeine is beneficial for high-intensity exercise of prolonged duration
- L-Theanine is an amino acid, that when consumed produces GABA and
glutamate, two neurotransmitters that act on the brain to reduce the
- Research suggests that L-Theanine's biggest supplemental role may be in taking the "edge" off of other stimulants.
- A combination of L-Theanine with caffeine is noted to be synergistic in promoting cognition and attention.
- Giesbrecht et al. found the combination of L-theanine and caffeine
significantly improved accuracy during task switching, self-reported
alertness, and reduced self-reported tiredness.
- Huperizine A is a selective inhibitor of the neurotransmitter
acetylcholinesterase (AChE), which means it prevents the breakdown and
increases the amount of acetylcholine; an important neurotransmitter in
the central nervous system involved in cognition and muscular
- Multiple studies have shown that supplementation with Huperzine-A can enhance focus, memory and mood.
- A study conducted by Sun et al. (1999) reported that subjects who
supplemented with Huperzine A for 4 weeks improved learning performance
and memort compared to a placebo group.
ELECTROLYTE & HYDRATION OPTIMIZER
- Taurine is one of the most important, useful, and safest amino
acids. Taurine is best known for its beneficial effects on the heart and
cardiovascular system. Early clinical research also suggests that
taurine, in combination with caffeine, can produce improvements in
mental performance. When the body engages in extreme physical activity,
it no longer will be able to produce the necessary amounts of taurine,
therefore supplementation becomes necessary.
- Taurine is involved in the regulation of core body temperature and may help prevent heat stress and stroke.
- Taurine is also acts is an osmolyte; assisting the body in maintaining proper water balance.
- Zhang et al. (2004) found that individuals who supplemented with
taurine for 1 week before an exhaustive exercise bout significantly
improved time to exhaustion, VO2 max, and maximal workload. It also
decreased exercise induced DNA damage.
CALCIUM POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE CITRATE (AS CALCI-K) & SODIUM PHOSPHATE
- Calcium, potassium, and phosphorus are vital electrolytes needed
to maintain bodily water balance and facilitate motor neuron function.
- The combination of these electrolytes in CALCI-K are highly soluble and readily absorbed by the body.
- Electrolytes have been shown to prevent muscle cramps and are essential to normal muscular contractions.
- As we exercise electrolytes are lost through sweat and must be replaced in order to prevent decreases in performance
- Sims et al. (2007) discovered that pre-exercise ingestion of a
high-sodium beverage increased plasma volume before exercise and
involved less thermoregulatory and perceived strain during exercise and
increased exercise capacity in warm conditions.
What is the best way to take PRE?
- Mix one heaping scoop of PRE into 12-14 ounces of water and consume 30-45 minutes prior to training.
Can I take PRE with other stimulants (i.e. coffee, fat burners)?
- We don't recommend taking other stimulants with PRE due to the efficacious doses of stimulants found in PRE
I see PRE has 350mg of caffeine. Is that amount safe?
- Generally speaking, yes. A large review by the European Food
Safety Authority concluded that a daily safe dose of 400mg is safe for
adults. We suggest not taking any other stimulants (like coffee) on the
days you take PRE. We also recommend starting with a half scoop to
assess your tolerance before moving on to a full scoop.
I heard creatine can cause kidney problems and cause cramping. Is that true?
- Absolutely not. Creatine is the most studied and effective
supplement ever...period. Over 500 studies have been done on creatine
and none have shown to cause any adverse side effects. However, you
should expect to see big improvements in strength, power, and endurance
after taking creatine.
What makes PRE better than other pre-workouts?
- A lot of other pre-workouts use ingredients that are ineffective
or not properly dosed. All the ingredient in PRE are research backed and
dosed efficaciously based on the current scientific literature.
NutraBio Labs has a "No Compromise" commitment to producing the purest,
cleanest, and most effective supplements on the market. All of our
products are manufactured in-house in our FDA-inspected, GMP certified
facility in New Jersey. NutraBio only uses the most superior ingredients
and all ingredients are tested by us and a third party lab to ensure
99.98% purity or greater. Our products all include fully transparent
labels featuring clinical doses of the highest quality ingredients
available. To ensure our customers of our commitment to product quality,
we launched a new website Checkmysupps.com which allows our consumers access to independent 3rd-party lab test results of all our products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and
Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or
prevent any disease.