Athletes and active individuals are unique in that they put their
bodies through high levels of physical stress day in and day out which,
over time, can cause excessive wear and tear on joints, tendons, and
cartilage. Over time this "wear and tear" can often lead to more serious
issues such as musculoskeletal injuries, joint inflammation and
stiffness, and in the worst case scenario symptoms of osteoarthritis can
appear. These issues can often have a crippling effect when it comes to
further exercise and activities of daily living. This is why NutraBio
developed Extreme Joint Care... a full joint and
musculoskeletal support matrix containing clinically validated and
therapeutically dosed patented ingredients that supports overall joint
health, protects and renews cartilage, improves function and mobility,
reduces inflammation, and minimizes the stress exercise puts on your
body. Take a close look at the fully transparent label and you will
- 1500mg D-Glucosamine Sulfate - A natural component
in the growth, repair, and maintenance of cartilage. It may also assist
with the slowing down of joint damage.
- 540mg Chondroitin Sulfate - Forms the structural
framework of collagen, not to mention promotes water retention within
the joint structure, and increases joint flexibility and resistance to
- 442mg Gelatin – In athletes shown to support joint health and possibly reduce the risk of joint deterioration.
- 500mg Opti-MSM® - Plays a role in maintaining the cushion between joints to support mobility and protect healthy cartilage.
- 200mg Meriva® Curcumin Phytosome -
Supported by 22 clinical trials demonstrating effectiveness for joint
health, and healthy inflammatory response after exercise and similar
- 200mg KollaGen II-xs™ - The unique combination of
natural nutrients found in kollaGen II-xs™ have been scientifically
proven effective for joint health and flexibility.
- 100mg ApresFlex® - Helps protect against collagen degradation and improves joint comfort, function and mobility.
- 100mg Hyaluronic Acid - Plays a key role in cushioning and lubricating areas such as tendons, joints and muscles.
- 5mg Bioperine - Enhance absorption of the active ingredients in Extreme Joint Care leading to higher bioavailability.
- 3mg Boron - Used by the body to build bones, improve the absorption of calcium, and for building and repairing joint cartilage.
Extreme Joint Care is in a classification of its own. A true joint
support formula from the most trusted and innovative name in sports
nutrition, NutraBio, who believes in using only the most efficacious,
clinically dosed, and research backed ingredients on the market without
all the fluff. Extreme Joint Care contain no
proprietary blends, fillers, excipients, chemicals, or any other harmful
or unneeded additives. Only ingredients shown by science to work and
produce results. No corners were cut in making Extreme Joint Care. It covers all the bases to promote optimal joint health and support your fitness goals.
Like a fine tuned machine, your body is a system of many parts that
all work together to create movement. When everything functions well
there are no issues. However, any one problem (i.e. joint inflammation)
in the entire system can have disastrous consequences as a whole. As the
saying goes "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." From top
to bottom the ingredients found in Extreme Joint Care
will help support optimal joint and musculoskeletal health and may help
prevent the ill effects of bodily wear and tear due to exercise. Compare
NutraBio Extreme Joint Care to any other so called
joint support supplement on the market and ask yourself whose formula
was created WITHOUT COMPROMISE. We think you'll find that even the most
"self-proclaimed" best formulated joint supplement pales in comparison
to Extreme Joint Care.
Still not convinced NutraBio Extreme Joint Care is the
premier joint support formula on the market? Check out what others are
"NutraBio: Taking it to the EXTREME with Joint Care!" – Submitted by kalans via supplementreviews.com
"Priced right and effective, hard to pass this one up if you're looking for joint care" – Submitted by deumcole via supplement reviews.com
"The most complete joint formula I've ever taken" – Submitted by Durden998 via supplementreviews.com
The Science Behind NutraBio Extreme Joint Care
A closer look at the key ingredients and doses used to make NutraBio Extreme Joint Care the premier joint support matrix on the market.
VITAMIN D3 (2000 IU)
- Vitamin D, also known as the sunshine vitamin, has many health benefits as a fat soluble vitamin.
- Vitamin D assists with calcium absorption and maintains calcium and
phosphate levels. Without sufficient Vitamin D, bones can become weak,
thin, and brittle.
- Vitamin D serves other functions in the body including neuromuscular function, immune function, and controlling inflammation.
- Low levels of vitamin D have been shown to correlate with many
joint issues such as inflammatory joint disease, osteoarthritis,
osteoporosis, and musculoskeletal back pain.
- Research has shown that low levels of Vitamin D can cause knee pain
and supplementation can provide some knee and hip related pain relief.
- Manganese is a trace mineral that is present in tiny amounts in the
body. It is found mostly in bones, the liver, kidneys, and pancreas.
- Manganese helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors, and sex hormones.
- Low levels of manganese in the body can contribute to infertility,
bone malformation, weakness, and seizures. Some experts estimate that as
many as 37% of Americans do not get the recommended dietary intake
(RDI) of manganese in their diet.
- A few clinical studies of people with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis
suggest that manganese taken along with glucosamine and chondroitin can
D-GLUCOSAMINE SULFATE 2KCL (1500mg)
- Glucosamine Sulfate is an amino sugar and a precursor in the
biochemical synthesis of glycosylated proteins and lipids found in the
body. Glycosaminoglycans are highly polar, and attract water which in
turn is useful for the body to use as a lubricant component of cellular
fluidity and joint mobility.
- Glucosamine produced in the body is a natural component in the
growth, repair, and maintenance of cartilage. It also assists in
lubricating joints, prevents breakdown, and assists with the slowing
down of joint damage.
- Glucosamine when combined with chondroitin has shown to assist with pain relief in association with arthritis.
- Studies show that supplementing glucosamine sulfate will reduce the
rate of collagen (joint tissue) degradation and symptoms of
- A study conducted by Noack et al. (1994) in persons with knee
osteoarthritis, found supplemental Glucosamine at 1,500mg daily for 4
weeks was associated with greater pain reduction than placebo and a
greater response rate to treatment (55% relative to 38% for glucosamine
and placebo, respectively).
CHRONDROITIN SULFATE (540mg)
- Chondroitin Sulfate functions as a glycosaminoglycan to form what
are called proteoglycans. Proteoglycans and collagen comprise the two
most important components of connective tissue.
- Proteoglycans form the structural framework of collagen, not to
mention promote water retention within the joint structure, and increase
joint flexibility and resistance to compression forces.
- The combination of chondroitin, glucosamine, and manganese (three
ingredient found in this formula) have been shown to more significantly
blunt the progression of cartilage degeneration compared to when taken
- A recent double blind, placebo controlled, randomized, multicenter
study involving 110 patients with knee osteoarthritis confirmed that
chondroitin sulfate supplementation significantly decreased knee joint
degeneration and improved measures of pain and joint function.
OPTI-MSM® (METHYLSULFONMETHANE) (500mg)
- MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is made up of 34% sulfur—the fourth
most abundant mineral in the human body. Sulfur is an important nutrient
for the maintenance of healthy joints, tendons, ligaments and other
- MSM supports overall joint health and normal range of motion.
- MSM plays a role in maintaining the cushion between joints to support mobility and protect healthy cartilage.
- MSM may improve joint stress recovery time and prevent chronic joint issues.
- Lastly, MSM assists in the breakdown of unhealthy calcium deposits
for which some of these deposits can be a cause of joint issues.
- In studies, OptiMSM® has been shown to encourage a
significant reduction in pain and deterioration of cartilage matrix in
joints. Also revealed was the ability of OptiMSM® to improve mobility and modify the immune response.
- Gelatin is a protein that contains collagen, which is one of the
materials that make up cartilage and bone. It is thought that gelatin
might help arthritis and other joint conditions.
- In one study 175 patients with osteoarthritis of the knee were
randomly assigned to receive either a daily gelatin supplement or a
placebo. Those who ate a supplement containing gelatin plus calcium and
vitamin C had significant improvements in pain, stiffness, and mobility
- In another study (Clark et al., 2008) of 147 athletes, gelatin
supplementation was shown to improve joint pain. The results of this
study have implications for the use of gelatin to support joint health
and possibly reduce the risk of joint deterioration in athletes.
MERIVA® CURCUMIN PHYTOSOME
- Curcumin, the active component of turmeric, has an established
history of supporting joint health, a healthy inflammatory response and
potent antioxidant activity, but its health benefits are limited by its
poor absorption from the gut.
- Meriva® is a unique tumeric phosphatidylcholine complex
(phytosome) that is significantly better absorbed than regular turmeric
extracts. Meriva® enhances oral absorption by over 20-fold,
thus helping to maximize the beneficial impact of turmeric on the body's
- MERIVA® is supported by 22 clinical trials demonstrating
effectiveness for joint health, and healthy inflammatory response after
exercise and similar exertion.
- Three studies conducted with MERIVA® on subjects
demonstrated significant improvements related to stiffness, muscle
soreness, physical function and overall quality of life.
- In a recent eight-month human trial, Meriva® was shown
to support a healthy inflammatory response. Individuals also experienced
improvements in clinical and biochemical end-points associated with
KOLLAGEN II-XS® COLLAGEN TYPE II (200mg)
- Type II collagen (CII) is a peptide and component of joint
cartilage. Its oral ingestion appears to reduce autoimmunity to the
body's own CII, resulting in less inflammation in instances of
osteoarthritis and rheumatism and benefits to joint health.
- Kollagen II-xs™ uses an exclusive water extraction technology
process to extract denatured Chicken Collagen Type II Powder without
using solvent (ethanol) or harsh chemicals. This process reserves
important nutrients and molecules for optimum assimilation to help
- Necessary amino acids and mucopolysaccarides found in kollagen
II-xs™ are the perfect supplement blend of chondroitin, hyaluronic acid
and collagen type II protein. This unique combination of natural
nutrients has been scientifically proven effective for joint health and
- A recent study showed that kollaGen II-xs™ supplementation appears
to benefit joint inflammation, secondary mobility (76% improvement) and
other tertiary effects (62% improvement). KollaGen II-xs™ also
significantly reduced pain (reduced 88%) and led to a normalizing of
Saliva pH levels which is often indicative of a reduction in
APRESFLEX® (BOSWELLIA SERRATA EXTRACT) (100mg)
- Boswellia serrata extract is a phytopharmaceutical which appears to be quite anti-inflammatory and be helpful against osteoarthritis. It also appears to have preliminary evidence for anti-inflammatory joint disorders.
- AprèsFLEX® is a new, patent-pending dietary ingredient
targeting mediators of comfort and flexibility. These include
5-lipoxygenase, 5-lox activating protein (FLAP), TNF-a and other
important mechanisms. By supporting normal, healthy levels of these
mediators, AprèsFLEX® promotes healthy joints and connective tissues.
- AprèsFLEX® also more effectively inhibits MMP-3
activity, helping protect against collagen degradation, an important
component of connective tissues.
- Tests show that compared to AKBA (Acetyl-11-keto-ß-boswellic acid) alone, AprèsFLEX®
promotes faster absorption, quicker therapeutic benefit, and the
elimination pattern shows longer blood levels suggesting a longer
- In a recent clinical study, AprèsFLEX® supplementation
demonstrated significant improvements in joint comfort, function and
mobility. Several objective blood markers of systemic activity were
significantly improved as well.
HYALURONIC ACID (100mg)
- Hyaluronic Acid also known as hyaluronan or hyaluronate is a mucopolysaccharide occurring naturally throughout the body.
- This incredibly versatile molecule binds to water giving it an
almost "jello" like viscosity and plays a key role in cushioning and
lubricating areas such as tendons, joints and muscles.
- Hyaluronic acid is an important component of articular cartilage,
where it is present as a coat around each cell. When aggrecan monomers
bind to hyaluronan in the presence of HAPLN1 (Hyaluronanic acid and
proteoglycan link protein 1), large, highly negatively charged
aggregates form. These aggregates imbibe water and are responsible for
the resilience of cartilage (its resistance to compression).
- A common forgotten aspect of Hyaluronic acid is its powerful
antioxidant properties and its ability to protect against free-radical
damage to cells. It has been used by many for skin treatments,
osteoarthritis, wound healing, eye injuries, and as a potent
- A recent meta-analysis (Modawal et al., 2016) of the effectiveness
of intra-articular hyaluronic acid for knee osteoarthritis that included
22 published and unpublished, single or double-blinded, randomized
controlled trials in humans showed that hyaluronic acid has a
therapeutic effect on joint pain relief when compared with placebo over
the course of 5-12 weeks.
BIOPERINE® (BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT) (5mg)
- BioPerine is a patented extract of the fruit of black pepper that
contains standardized amounts of the active ingredient piperine.
- Numerous clinical studies suggest that when a 5-mg dose of
BioPerine is taken with other supplements, it may increase the
absorption of those supplements.
- Boron is a mineral used by the body to build bones, improve the
absorption of calcium, and for building and repairing joint cartilage.
- Boron may assist in preventing arthritis and is essential for optimal joint function.
- Boron deficiencies can lead to arthritis, degenerative joint disease, muscle pain, and weak joint cartilage
- In a study conducted by the US Department of Agriculture, boron was
found to reduce the excretion of calcium by 44% in postmenopausal women
who were given 3 mg of the nutrient per day. The results of the study
showed that besides preventing calcium loss, boron also activated
estrogen and vitamin D which slows the demineralization of the bone and
protects against osteoporosis and arthritis.
Extreme Joint Care FAQs
What is the best way to take Extreme Joint Care?
- As a dietary supplement take 4 capsules per day with meals. May be
taken all at once or in 2 divided doses with morning and evening meals.
What are joints and what do they do?
- Joints connect bones within your body, bear weight and enable you
to move. They are made up of bone, muscles, synovial fluid, cartilage
What is cartilage and what does it do?
- Cartilage is a smooth, rubbery connective tissue on the end of
bones that cushions joints and helps them move smoothly and easily. The
degeneration of cartilage (sometimes due to exercise) can cause chronic
inflammation in the joint. This inflammation can further break down the
cartilage over time. The cartilage may wear away completely if it is
Does exercise cause excessive wear and tear on joints and muscles?
- In most cases it does not and actually improves joint and muscle
health. However, joint misalignment, poor biomechanics, intense
training, and weakened muscles can often cause inflammation and the
"wear and tear" on muscles, joints, and cartilage.
What makes Extreme Joint Care better than other joint supplements?
- A lot of other joint supplements use ingredients that are
ineffective or not properly dosed. All the ingredient in Extreme Joint
Care are research backed and dosed efficaciously based on the current
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and
Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or
prevent any disease.